Durham - News
FITMOM Durham in the News. ?Jennifer was super excited to be interviewed by Metroland Media Report Jillian Follert for Durham Parent. Read the article here!
Featured Lamaze Member Spotlight. Jennifer was featured as a Lamaze Spotlight member. Read all about her career as a Lamaze Childbirth Educator.
Ready to Roll with us this summer?Our outdoor fitness classes?FITMOM StrollerStrength & FITWOMAN begin May 23rd 2017) visit www.fitmomdurham.com?to register
Expecting a baby in 2017?
Lamaze Childbirth Education Series
The purpose of most childbirth classes isn't to teach women how to birth, it's to increase the confidence of both the women and their support person that birth is a normal, natural process. Furthermore, it informs expectant parents about current research on various topics so they can make their own decisions.
- Late pregnancy health and wellness
- Physical and emotional aspects of labour and birth
- Coping strategies and comfort measures
- Relaxation skills for use during labour and after pregnancy to relieve stress
- Understanding the importance and role of support and the impact on the childbirth experience
- Awareness and informed decision-making
- Communication skills for the pregnant woman with her partner and the members of her health care team
- Medications and medical interventions
- Early postpartum and newborn Breastfeeding